- 2 cups dried whole grain pasta (rigatoni, shells, elbows, spaghetti, and so forth)
- a 12 cup brown rice
- 12 cup oats (not instant)
- 12 cup popped corn (unpopped – soaked overnight)
- 12 cup pearl couscous
- 12 cup lentil
- a 12 cup split peas
- 4–6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (unsulphured) (papaya, pineapple, raisins, apricots)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, pecans)
- 2–3 tablespoons organic peanut butter
Put the popcorn, lentils, and split peas in a large saucepan and fill with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add all other ingredients (excluding the fruit, nuts, and pasta), cover with water if required, bring to a boil, then cover and cook for 1 hour. Stir seldom. Bring the pasta, fruit, and nuts to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Serve with peanut butter!
This recipe makes a large batch, so freeze 3 days worth in containers, then defrost and microwave for 1 – 2 minutes before serving. Stir well and keep an eye out for hot spots.
Because of the high fat content of the nuts and peanut butter, it is ideal for macaws. Don’t overserve Amazons or other “tubbies.” If desired, add 12 package frozen vegetables in the last 5 minutes of cooking time, or serve with fresh vegetables.
🦜🦜 Click Images Below To Explore More Popular Bird Supplies on Amazon!! 🦜🦜