Pets are the best possible companions that a person could have, and they also provide their owners with a fun and rewarding way to kill time. Recent studies have shown that owning a pet may enhance a person’s overall quality of life, including their level of physical health as well as their overall happiness and satisfaction with life.
Birds, like many other tiny creatures such as ferrets, rats, and chinchillas, are maintained as treasured pets. A lot of people choose these feathery companions as pets because of the lower prices and cleaner habitats they need. In addition, keeping birds as pets may contribute to the overall splendor of a home.
We have a lot of detailed guides about parrots, use the index below to start your research, and have fun!
Do you have an insatiable need for information on parrots? You’ll find out about the many classes and species of parakeets, how long the average parrot’s lifespan is, how to properly identify different kinds of parrots, and even which kinds of parrots make the finest pets. All of this information can be found in this guide. Let’s begin with its proper name in the scientific community…
- Parrot Lifespan & Average Age
- Parrot Identification Guide
- How Smart Are Birds?
- Common Causes of Parrot Death
- Different Types of Parrots in the World
- How Do Parrots Sleep?
- How To Know The Age Of A Parrot?
- Why We Should Not Keep Birds in Cages as Pets?
- Parrot Talking Age
- Parrot Predators
- How to Start Study of Birds?
- Bird Latin Names List
- Fun Facts About Parrots For Kids
Read Before Getting a Parrot Pet
Because parrots have been liked and popular among other bird pets, the idea of getting a bird as a pet other than a parrot is not something that comes to mind very often when one thinks of doing so. You are privy to and take note of the lovely multicolored talking parrot that belongs to your neighbor.
Few people were ever aware that it is almost impossible to acquire positive consequences from keeping a parrot pet if one is casual about selecting the sort of parrot they want. Because of your intense desire to get one, you decide to visit a “pet shop.” Let’s have a conversation on how to choose the best parrot as a pet so that it brings you joy, provides you with more advantages than downsides, and is also a good friend.
- Best Talking Bird Pet for Beginners
- Pet Birds Buying Tips
- Adopting a Pet Bird
- Talking Parrot Cost
- Questions to Ask Bird Breeders
- Best Large Parrots as Pets
- Is A Parrot A Good Pet For A Child?
- Parrot Name Ideas
Because of their high level of activity, parrots demand spacious enclosures. In most cases, the greatest home for your bird will be the biggest cage that you are able to purchase or locate. It is sufficient for your parrot to have a cage in which he can extend his wings in a horizontal plane; however, a larger parrot cage will provide your pet with more space in which to maneuver. In this manner, there will be as much activity as there possibly can be.
Your bird’s heart, muscles, and ligaments, in addition to preventing it from growing overweight, will all benefit from receiving the appropriate amount of activity. If they are not fed properly and given little space to exercise parrots, Amazon Parrots, in particular, are at a high risk of becoming obese. You may use bird toys to entertain and train your birds while also feeding them a nutritious diet to keep them healthy. The ideal housing for each bird includes a cage that is not only spacious but also visually appealing and technologically advanced.
Make sure you find out how large your parrot will be when it is fully grown, especially if it is a baby or extremely small at the moment. Buy a cage that is large enough for your bird when it is fully grown, even if it is quite little right now. Because of this, you won’t have to go out and get two separate parrot cages despite the fact that your once-tiny bird has grown into a quite sizable young man. Consider adding bird cage accessories for your huge bird cage to let your parrot exercise and play.
- Owning a Parrot for the First Time
- Pet Bird Cleaning & Grooming
- Introduce a Pet Bird to New Home & Owner?
- Parrot Compatibility
- How To Know If A Parrot Is Angry?
- How To Know If My Parrot Loves Me?
- How To Make My Parrot Trust Me?
- How to Find a Lost Pet Bird?
- Tips for Creating an Aviary Manual for Your Bird Sitters
- Shipping Birds by Airlines
- Prepare A Parrot Bird For Show Championship
- How to Trim Flight Feathers On Birds At Home?
- How Do You Read A Bird’s Body Language?
- Parrot Molting
- Best Food for Parrots
- Best Water for Parrots
- Best Fresh Natural Food Diet for Birds
- What Do Parrots Eat and Drink?
- Benefits of Therapeutic Aloe Vera for Parrot Birds
- Why Do Birds Need Calcium?
- DIY Pet Bird Food Recipes
- Basic Parrot Training
- Bird Training Classes: What to Expect?
- How to Quiet a Screaming Parrot?
- How to Stop a Bird From Plucking Its Feathers?
- Parrot Behavior Problems FAQs
- How To Stop a Parrot from Biting?
- How to Get Your Bird to Shut Up?
- Recognizing Signs of Illness in Pet Birds
- Common Diseases and Illnesses of Parrots
- Why You Should Do Bird Necropsy?
- Symptoms of Aspergillosis in Birds: Diagnosis & Treatment
- Why is My Bird Sneezing So Much?
- Fatty Liver Disease in Birds
- Is Zinc Safe for Parrots?
- Teflon Poisoning In Parrot
- Iodine Deficiency in Birds
- Vitamin A Deficiency in Birds
- Parrot Poisoning Treatment
- Effects of Pesticides on Birds
- Pet Bird Feather Loss Causes & Treatments
- Causes of Feather Plucking in Parrots
- Avian DNA Testing Guide
- PBFD In Parrots
- Salmonella In Birds
- E Coli In Birds
- Chlamydia Psittaci In Birds
- Polyomavirus (PVD) In Birds
- Aspergillosis In Birds
- What Fumes, Sprays, and Smells Are Poisonous to Birds?
- Emergency Preparedness Planning for Parrots
- Parrot First Aid Kit
- Household Dangers for Pet Birds
- Home-Safe Plants For Parrots
- Parrot Safe Cleaning & Pest Control
- Best Environment for Your Parrot Pet
- How to Clean & Disinfect the Bird Cage?
- How to Prevent Bird Theft From Stealing?
- How To Entertain A Parrot?
- Bird Interaction & Socialization
- How to Travel With Your Pet Bird?
- Ways To Show Love To Your Pet Parrot
- What Do Parrots Like?
- How Much Attention & Time Do Parrots Need?
- Baby Parrot Feeding Schedule
- How to Care for Abandoned & Orphaned Wild Baby Birds?
- How to Hand Feed a Baby Bird?
- Baby African Grey Feeding Guide
Breeding Birds For Beginners
I’d like to inform individuals who are already familiar with the topic that this series is not intended for them. Its only purpose is to expose many beginner breeders who are afraid of the term breeding and the fundamentals of genetics in the hope that they will have even more satisfaction from producing lovely pet birds.
- How to Start Breeding Birds?
- Fertilized Parrot Eggs For Hatching
- Best Exotic Bird Dietary Supplements for Breeders
- Bird Cage Breeding
- I Don’t Want My Pet Parrot to Breed Anymore
- How Young Birds Should Be Socialized?
- How to Control Unwanted Egg Laying?
- Why does Your Bird Lay Eggs Without a Mate
For Breeding Business
Breeding by Species
- Budgerigar Breeding Tips
- Breeding Greywing Budgerigar
- Breeding Dark-Eyed Clear Budgerigar
- Breeding Lutino & Lacewings
- Breeding Pieds Varieties
- Breeding Spangles
- Breeding Danish Pied Budgie
- Breeding the Clearbody
- Breeding the Crested Budgerigar
- Breeding Yellowface Blue Budgie
- Breeding Blue and Gold Macaws
- Love Birds Breeding
Parrot by Types
Every week, thousands of pet bird owners from all around the globe write inquiries regarding their beloved parrots of different types. The questions vary from breeding to caring for and identifying their pet birds, among other things. Please return often as we continue to add new Questions and Answers to this website.
Lorys & Lorikeets
- Jenday Conure Natural Habitat in the Wild
- How to Buy a Jenday Conure?
- Jenday Conure Personality
- Jenday Conure as Pets
- Jenday Conure Training
Green Cheeked Conure
- Green Cheek Conure Personality
- What Can Green Cheek Conures Eat?
- Green Cheeked Conure Color Mutations
Dusky Headed Conure
African Meyer Parrot
Blue Yellow (Blue-and-gold) Macaw
- Blue Yellow (Blue-and-gold) Macaw Facts
- Are Blue and Gold Macaw Good Pets?
- Keeping a Blue And Gold Macaw as a Pet: Things to Know Before
- Blue and Gold Macaws Breeding
- Most Common Amazon Parrot Species as Pets
- How To Train An Amazon Parrot?
- Amazon Parrot Care
- Amazon Parrot Species List
Panama Amazon Parrots
Blue-fronted Amazon Parrots
- Why Are African Greys So Smart?
- African Grey Parrot Facts
- Baby African Grey Egg Incubation Guide
- How to Get an African Grey to Like You?
- Lovebirds as Pets
- Lovebird Lifespan
- Breeding lovebirds
- Lovebird Mutations
- How To Stop My Lovebird From Biting Me?
- How Can I Make My Lovebird Happy?
- How To Stop My Lovebird From Laying Eggs?
- What (& When) Should I Feed My Lovebird?
- Lovebirds Training
- Lovebirds Care Guide
- Lovebirds identification
- How Do You Treat A Sick Lovebird?
- Fruits And Vegetables For Lovebirds
- Raising Lovebird Baby
- What Do You Do When You Find A Lovebird?
- Rare Red-faced Lovebird
- Species Types Of Lovebirds
- Cockatiel Care Guide
- Cockatiels as Pets
- Budgie Bird Facts
- About Saddlebacks
- Color Standards for Judging the Spangle Variety
- Budgerigars Mutations: Dilutes Types With Yellow & White Feathers
- Parakeets Singing Songs
- Differences Between Parakeets and Parrots
- Barraband Parakeet
- Greycheek Parakeets
- Quaker Parakeet
- Parakeet Species List
Racquet Tail Parrot
Parrots are among the most attractive and colorful of all creatures. beautiful because of the vividness of their colors and the splendor of their appearance.
To maintain excellent health and prevent the transmission of sickness to other animals, parrots need a significant amount of attention, care and aviary accessories. In the following, we will explain how to properly prepare a parrot room to provide the best care for your favorite pet bird.
Toys & Accessories
- Safe Material for Bird Toys
- Best Toys for Conure Birds
- Toys for Parrot Cage
- Best Parrot Stands
- Parrot Swings
- Best Types of Bird Perches
- Unsafe or Dangerous Toys to Bird Pets
- Aviary Management Software
- How to Design a Bird Aviary?
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar in the Aviary?
For Birds Lovers
- Birds Tattoo
- Recommendation of Parrot Books
- Recommended Gifts for Parrot Lovers
- Parrot Jokes
- Bird Poems
As you may have observed, there is a plethora of information accessible on parrot care. While the majority of this material is useful, some of it is not. My greatest recommendation for absorbing guidance is to base your conclusions on a range of sources. Accept no one source (including this site) as a one-stop shop for answers to your questions. Continue your search by visiting other websites, reading books and magazine articles, and speaking with your veterinarian and professional breeders. Based your knowledge on what the majority says, rather than what any individual says.
Check the original publication date of books; some are reproductions of far older novels. I just purchased an African Grey book that was apparently released in 1998. The first paragraph indicated that the majority of Greys are imported. Huh? I double-checked the dates and discovered that it was initially copyrighted in 1979. Reprint from 1998. Cute.
On the Internet, you may obtain knowledge that ranges from extraordinary to deadly. For example, there used to be a forum named “ask the experts.” Someone asked one of the “experts” on that site what the optimum diet is for Budgies and how long they live. According to the “expert,” Budgies should eat just seeds and survive for around 4-5 years. A Budgie given a seed-only diet dies after 4-5 years, not after 4-5 years. Feed a Budgie like any other parrot and it may survive for 10-12, even 15 years.
🦜🦜 Click Images Below To Explore More Popular Bird Supplies on Amazon!! 🦜🦜