Keeping Them Healthy


Parrot Nutrition and Diet
Parrot Nutrition and Diet

You’ve gone a long way toward keeping your parrot healthy if you give him a good food, keep his cage clean, and make your house as secure as possible. Annual “well-bird” checks by an avian veterinarian are recommended. While a board qualified avian vet is a valuable catch, they are very hard to come by. The single most crucial consideration when choosing a veterinarian is whether or not they have experience treating birds. Knowing the remedies for birds is not enough; they must also understand how to deliver such medications. Birds need a completely different strategy than mammals. The ancient adage about treating birds is that 1% is doing things to help them and the other 99% is doing nothing to harm them.
Asking for a good bird vet is the best way to locate one. Inquire at parrot shops, local breeders, and bird clubs, and post inquiries on news groups and discussion forums. Don’t be alarmed if there are no certified bird experts in your region. There are lots of fine local veterinarians who are extremely knowledgeable with the critical 99% of your bird’s care, and solutions to the remaining 1% are simply a phone call away.

Accidents and sickness do happen to all living beings. Any accident involving blood should be treated as an emergency. The basic reality is that birds do not shed that much blood. It is very hard to detect what ails a parrot just by watching the symptoms; numerous bird illnesses and diseases exhibit identical symptoms. Some of symptoms include: lack of appetite, changes in droppings, lethargy, hard breathing, drooping wings, drooping tail, and feathers that are fluffed up for extended periods of time. If you observe any of these, take your bird to the clinic immediately!! The parrot has been unwell for some time by the time you notice signs since birds will attempt to disguise their condition. For many reasons, this is instinctual in all birds:

-Predators will target sickly birds since they are simpler to capture.

Sick birds are often pushed away from the group. This may seem harsh, but keep in mind that there are no vet birds in the wild, and an unwell bird may have a disease that threatens the rest of the flock.

So, what are you going to do about it? BECOME FAMILIAR WITH YOUR BIRD!!! Parrots are masters of routine and like doing things in the same manner and at the same time every time. Learn such procedures since they may save your friend’s life. While their ability to conceal an illness is useful against prospective predators and flock mates, it falls short of deceiving an alert human. If your parrot stops following his pattern for a day or two, this should be your first clue that anything is amiss. At this stage, keep a close eye on him and don’t wait for symptoms to arise before consulting a veterinarian. He might simply be having a “blah day,” since parrots are like humans in that way, but at least you’re on to him now.

🦜🦜 Click Images Below To Explore More Popular Bird Supplies on Amazon!! 🦜🦜

Recent Posts

link to Giardia

Giardia

Description: Giardia - A zoonotic single-celled intestinal protozoan parasite that may infect birds, dogs, cats, humans, and other animals. This parasite comes in two varieties: trophozoite and...

Losing track of your pet bird's growth? Check Out Our BEST SELLING Pet Bird Growth Logbook!

You can Sign up for a FREE Instant Download Teaser NOW! 

error: Content is protected !!