***We stopped breeding birds, but you can still learn from my decades of breeding experience through my blogs. With that stated, go ahead and dive in and have fun!***
Hello, and thank you for dropping by to see our bird children. They like the spotlight, believe me.
Whether you are an experienced parrot owner searching for knowledge, a first-time owner looking for information, or someone thinking about sharing your home with a parrot, I hope you find this site both fun and informative.
We are Something Cheeky Aviary, and for the whole of my life, I have been completely mesmerized by various species of birds. We raise a variety of Green Cheek Conure mutations, Crimson Bellied Conures, White Ear Conures, African Grey Timnehs, Moluccan, Umbrella, Medium Sulphur Crested (Elenora) Cockatoos and Green Wing Macaws were the species that I successfully bred and raised.
Because there are so many unwanted pet birds that are in need of homes with caring owners, my perspective on breeding has been shifting gradually over the course of the last several years. Therefore, after much consideration and introspection, the owners of the aviary have made the difficult decision to stop breeding cockatoos and macaws. My long-term goal is to start a parrot rescue, but for the time being, I am fulfilling my passion by taking care of cheeky parrots.
In addition, we provide expert grooming as well as behavioral advice. Having seen the need, we have decided to start giving seminars on bird care, training, and behavior in the hopes of assisting bird owners in mending or otherwise improving their bonds with their feathered companions. We are now teaching people how to understand and live peacefully with their avian friends by using the information and training we have received, as well as our experience and passion for birds.
As you can see, we remain active in the community of people who care for birds in order to be abreast of new goods, procedures, medical advancements, and approaches to care. In our pursuit of perfection, we make it a habit to visit conventions, trade exhibits, workshops, and seminars on a regular basis. We really hope that you will find our website to be educational.
We take in parrots, care for them, and try to find them good homes. My family started this because of the increasing amount of homeless birds, and the increasing need for good homes for them.
SomethingCheeky.com strives to be the best online destination for fans of the world’s most popular breed of pet bird.
- We do not breed or put birds with breeders.
- We do not sell, trade, or utilize birds in our care for commerce or profit.
- We support responsible guardianship of all captive birds.
- We oppose the sale of unweaned young birds as well as production breeding techniques, as well as the mass marketing and sale of birds via pet shop chains, bird marts, and online venues.
- We argue that, with very few exceptions, all captive breeding leads to the displacement and suffering of captive birds and does not help the species’ sustainable maintenance.
- We do not condone, endorse, or promote the breeding of birds for life in captivity as long as there are captive birds in need of placement.
- We strongly oppose legal/illegal exportation/importation and encourage all countries to adopt legislation, enforcement, and conservation policies to prevent wild birds from entering captivity.
This site, like many others on the internet, is always in the renovation, so please check back for updates.
This website is nothing more than a side interest of mine that has just taken off. If you have any information that you would want to share with others that may help them decide whether or not to purchase a bird, please do not hesitate to get in touch.